oil leak on the right side.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil leak on the right side.

Hi all. I have an oil leak in the engine of my susi 1100 L, on the right side, I could not find out where it came from, I spot the boot, I looked and cleaned the whole area, and I see where it came from, the lever the gear selector is dirty oil, I have not removed the sprocket cover, I think it must come from that area, because engine seals are all good, any ideas?. Thanks from Catalunya. greetings to all.

hi there, i think you are referring to left hand side of the bike (as you sit on it) as your leak is around the sprocket area.
    you need to remove the sprocket cover and give it all a thorough clean behind the cover.
    hopefully then your leak will be easier to see
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Thanks for your reply, you are right, left, I cleaned the area of the gear lever and see where the oil loses, it loses oil with the engine running and driving, so it's a little difficult to see in where lost. Remove the cover where the switch will change, will clean the area well and ride him without the lid, so you can see where you lose, hope to get lucky, greetings, jzape2005

Comment

Originally posted by jzape2005 View Post
        Thanks for your reply, you are right, left, I cleaned the area of the gear lever and see where the oil loses, it loses oil with the engine running and driving, so it's a little difficult to see in where lost. Remove the cover where the switch will change, will clean the area well and ride him without the lid, so you can see where you lose, hope to get lucky, greetings, jzape2005
        before you go out for a ride, spray some talcum powder all around the area you suspect the leak from. the source will be instantly apparent when you stop to have a look
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
        X