Stuck intake bucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck intake bucket

The #1 cyl intake bucket is hanging up. It will come up about half way then get stuck. It also will not freely rotate. I pulled the cam and banged on it some to try and get it to loosen up but it's not having it, it still will only come up halfway and will not rotate without the help of some tapping. I have it soaking in PB right now. Any suggestions on how to pull the bucket? Tried the magnet trick but it's way too stuck.

try a valve lapping sucker. smack it on the top and see if it will pull it out
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

This bike sure is fighting you! If bucket is halfway up, (and since camshaft is off) grab it with big vicegrip and extract it. It's likely no good anyways. PM me, I got spare buckets gathering dust. I wonder why it's stuck.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Pulled the head. Cyl 2's a goner. If anyone has a 650 motor lying around send them my way!

Comment

Originally posted by overboostin View Post
          Pulled the head. Cyl 2's a goner. If anyone has a 650 motor lying around send them my way!
          I PM'ed a suggestion!
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
          X