1979 GS1000LN clutch gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 GS1000LN clutch gasket

Hey, I just recieved a clutch cover gasket from Z1 and it is all wrong. I'm thinking it is for a 16 valve motor.

Any way what I wanted to know is: Do all 8 valve motors use the same clutch cover, and thus gasket? I want to figure out if they just sent me the wrong one, or if their parts number for the GS1000LN is wrong. I figured if the 850 is the same then I could cross check their part numbers. This is the last thing I need before I can take her out on the road after 25 years. And I don't want to wait around for them to send me another wrong gasket.

No, the clutch cover part numbers are different -- there are many different places to look them up and order the correct one from a Suzuki dealer.

Here's my local shoppe, for example:

Z1 doesn't list a clutch cover gasket for the early GS1000. The GS1000SZ in the parts listing is the first year (1982) Katana -- completely different 16 valve engine.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

They do list that they have one.

Though it says it is for an 1100/1000 or 850 ..

Comment

You can find it here at Boulevard Suzuki.
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Thanks, yea I know I can get an OEM gasket, but since I was ordering stuff from Z1 anyway I just bought the one they were selling. Typically I try to bundle purchases so I don't pay a bunch extra in shipping.

Comment

My bad -- I didn't see that one. It does look like perhaps they sent the wrong gasket.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
            X