1980 Suzuki GS1100E questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 Suzuki GS1100E questions

A few weeks ago I bought a 1980 GS1100E for a steal of $1400. I got about $7000 worth of receipts dating back to 2001. The motor has about 7000 miles since it was rebuilt and bored. I have a few questions though, The paperwork just says machine work done and gives a parts list but no part numbers for the Wiseco piston kit used, but the previous owner said they told him that it was bored as big as it could possibly be. Does anyone know how big that would bed in cc? Another question I am going to adjust the valves on it and I've seen nowhere in the paperwork where a cam was upgraded so should I just use the stock .003-.005" specs? Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by m.qualls89 View Post
    A few weeks ago I bought a 1980 GS1100E for a steal of $1400. I got about $7000 worth of receipts dating back to 2001. The motor has about 7000 miles since it was rebuilt and bored. I have a few questions though, The paperwork just says machine work done and gives a parts list but no part numbers for the Wiseco piston kit used, but the previous owner said they told him that it was bored as big as it could possibly be. Does anyone know how big that would bed in cc? Another question I am going to adjust the valves on it and I've seen nowhere in the paperwork where a cam was upgraded so should I just use the stock .003-.005" specs? Thanks for the help!

75mm bore or 1166 cc is the biggest you can bore the stock cylinders to. Post a picture along with the receipt for machine work you have and somebody may even know that motor.

Comment

The engine work was done at eastland motor sports in Lanark, IL in 2002 . I can post pics later right now she's in pieces as I had a stuck cam chain tensioner and When I took off the valve cover I lost a cam plug end (DOH!) so I'm waiting on it to come in the mail. All in all it runs great V&H 4into 1 pipe, has a new paint job of pearl violet (apparently the color was an accident lol) Seat is comfortable and rides real smooth. One thing I gotta figure out also is the speedo is off. The faster I go the farther off it gets, starts out about 5mph off and by the time it reads 60 my gps says 70.

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X