Replacement Harley Davidson mufflers – Fit Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Harley Davidson mufflers – Fit Questions

I have read the great hints at the various posts here regarding the compatibly of HD mufflers. (and I’ll be going to pick up an new pair for $35 as suggested in one of those posts from the “Take-these-off-I-want-loud-pipes-pile” at the local dealer).

Some questions –

1 – If I have a choice from the pile, any certain ones I should pick over others?

2 – pictures below of the (I believe) already modified connections on my 750. How might the HDs fit and any fit/install ideas as I install them?

3 – Should I be looking at doing this “Exhaust connector” process identified in BassCliff’s article? If so would my go on the outside of the pipe sown in the pic? my aftermarket muffles went over this pipe. http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...Connectors.pdf

BTW - this pipe is 1.5" in diameter.
    1981 GS750L - Owned since 1990 when graduated high school and since have been discovering all the things not disclosed by seller.
    1983 GS750E - bought in 2016 as a rough runner to use while rebuilding 81L and then to combine with ES to make one good one
    1983 GS750ES - bought in Toronto in 2015 on a lark as a non-runner, missing front cowling and exhaust - If you have a 1983 750ES front cowling let me know! Blue would be nice
Working...
X