Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1000 bigbore

Hi team,
    What's the biggest capacity I can get out of a gs1000 / 1100 2valve mtr. Anyone done anything other than weisco path.
    Thanks

No ones got nothing????

Comment

Originally posted by Drbarson View Post
      Hi team,
      What's the biggest capacity I can get out of a gs1000 / 1100 2valve mtr. Anyone done anything other than weisco path.
      Thanks
      ,,,,,,,,,, hi , a few years ago i sold a 1095 pistons good rings and nice cylinders,,,, of course at that time i really didn,t know what they really were.. but a guy about 2hours drive then came up and picked the kit up ,,,he had 2 gs1000,,, with matching identical paint work and he used to swap the plate from 1 bike to the other and to top that of he kept them both in his lounge room nice of him regards oldgrumpy

Comment

Two of us (that I know of) are using a set 74mm pistons from MTC. You'll need 1100 cylinders for either motor as the 1000 cylinder walls will get too thin. It'll make 1115cc on the GS1000 short stroke and 1135cc on the GS1100 longer stroke. You'll have to call them to order them, they don't have them listed on their site.

Comment

Originally posted by mrl1000l View Post
          Two of us (that I know of) are using a set 74mm pistons from MTC. You'll need 1100 cylinders for either motor as the 1000 cylinder walls will get too thin. It'll make 1115cc on the GS1000 short stroke and 1135cc on the GS1100 longer stroke. You'll have to call them to order them, they don't have them listed on their site.
          They have them listed;

http://www.mtceng.com/mtcproducts/pr.../suzuki/gs1150,
          You can also get the 1166for the 1100, not sure what that converts to for the 1000, but I have a sneaking suspicion, that I am going to find out as I believe I may have to redo my motor also.
          1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
          80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
          1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
          83 gs750ed- first new purchase
          85 EX500- vintage track weapon
          1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
          “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
          If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
            They have them listed;

http://www.mtceng.com/mtcproducts/pr.../suzuki/gs1150,
            You can also get the 1166for the 1100, not sure what that converts to for the 1000, but I have a sneaking suspicion, that I am going to find out as I believe I may have to redo my motor also.
            Nope. Those are 4 valve. He's looking for 2 valve. They don't list their 2 valve.

Comment

http://gszone.biz/ shows 2 kits for the 2 valves: 1146 and 1176. can bore an 1100 block for the 1146, but the 1176 needs a resleave.
              Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
              2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Hello, if you re-sleeve it you can go as big as 78 mm. Ross pistons will make them for you, you can provide a stock piston and APE will sell you rings for it. Ross will make the pistons and proper ring grooves to fit the rings from APE.
                You can use the 1100 block for that or the 1000 block. Mine is a 1000 block with 78 mm's and have been running for years. I had an 1100 block re-sleeved recently at FBG and there is plenty of meat there to go bigger.
                If it's street driven the concern is heat of course. Mine is a weekend worrier so not as big of a concern.

Comment

Excellent.
                  This big boring is for a Aussie period 5 racer, where class limit is 1300cc. What does 78mm take it out to. Would like to keep compression low ish for pump fuel. Not allowed to use race fuel.
                  Thanks team.

Comment

1238cc at 78mm bore

Comment

1300cc is the largest 2 valve I ever saw.
                      Speed Merchant
                      http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Excellent.
                        This big boring is for a Aussie period 5 racer, where class limit is 1300cc. What does 78mm take it out to. Would like to keep compression low ish for pump fuel. Not allowed to use race fuel.
                        Thanks team.
                        Damn, had I of known you were looking to go that big, I would have kept my mouth shut. Good luck with the build. I'd be happy to see your progress.

Comment

Does anybody have any numbers regarding the compression ratio of the 1238 or 1300 for that matter. Remember only pump fuel 98 octane alowed.

Would like to go gsx11 but that mtr has a shagged crank. Have a running gs1000 and figured it might be cheaper to big bore a running mtr,than rebuild a gsx crank and then find other dramas related with the mtr.$$$$
                          Anybody have any other ideas.???
                          Mtr is for a track bike. Not chasing huge horsepower just torque and reliability... If there is such a thing with a track bike mtr. ?!
                          Thanks for input so far team.

Comment

Does anybody have any numbers regarding the compression ratio of the 1238 or 1300 for that matter. Remember only pump fuel 98 octane alowed.

Would like to go gsx11 but that mtr has a shagged crank. Have a running gs1000 and figured it might be cheaper to big bore a running mtr,than rebuild a gsx crank and then find other dramas related with the mtr.$$$$
                            Anybody have any other ideas.???
                            Mtr is for a track bike. Not chasing huge horsepower just torque and reliability... If there is such a thing with a track bike mtr. ?!
                            Thanks for input so far team.
                            1238 involves boring crankcases as well as resleeve then such things as straight cut primary gears, welded crank i would use katana rods on the crank then you need cams etc head mods to help it breath at that size
                            this isnt the kind of mod you do to a old running engine to save a few dollars its expensive.......
                            compression ratio is the least of your worries, pistons can be machined to get the ratio you want usually

cheap reliable = 73mm pistons, cams, pipe and a set of smoothies

ozman

Comment

Thanks peoples.
                              Might go down ozmans path. Keep u posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X