Gs1000 bigbore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1238 circuit racer

I ran a GS1000 at 1238 on av gas for a while. Used 33 smoothbores initially and it went really well. It started life at 10.5:1 and was had than enough power while I learnt how to ride a race bike. This set up has great torque and is so easy to ride. Had the gears under cut and the clutch upgraded too also.

Once I was riding the bike well enough to want more power I upped the compression to 12.5:1, got some 35mm carbs and put it on methanol. Had to install straight cut gears and weld the crank too. I also cut the left hand end off the crank and had some head work done. It was putting out about 140 hp at this stage. Sad part is I didn't upgrade the rods and a while later one of them cut loose.

I then did what I should have done from the start - got a GSX1100 motor. The point being that you will probably upgrade your engine as you progress in racing. A GSX1100 engine has more potential from the start, and more reliability if you go searching for serious horse power. You wont have to pay to do the same thing twice like I did.

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

Argh. Someone threw a spanner in the works. Ok, looking for gsx11, but keeping 1000 bigbore as the back up plan. Keep u posted. Thanku team.

Comment

Working...
      X