82 gs650gl rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 gs650gl rebuild

Hey guys I am in the process of resembling my gs650glz after a rebuild I had broken ring lands on number two, anyways Im about to start reassembling the bottom end but before I did I wanted to replace the rod and main bearings just so I dont have to worry about them in the future its the original motor and the original bearings have over 22,000 on them they look good but I figured it was the right thing to do. My problem is I have no clue wich size to order I know on honda car engines they have a color code on the block that tells you wich to order can anyone point me in the right direction.

Only 22k miles (?), they are likely good , but you're probably right to replace them. Here's a parts fiche with mucho color bearings as things wear- Don't go by their prices though

Lots of members have done this , so someone will point you in right direction as to color progression. I plan to never do this myself!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X