Has anybody used gthis jet kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody used gthis jet kit?

I want to re jet my carbs, my pipes are blueing and I want pods anyway. Ya I know I'm the spawn of satan for wanting pods but the airbox is such a pain to remove and install. So opinions on this kit please? Also any gaskets that I will need? I want to get everything ready and hopefully make this a 1 or 2 day job. Also what is the best sync tool that won't break the bank?

Oh no ,pod adventuring! the devil's spawn is lurking. Does that kit kit come with actual different "needles" or just "needle adjusters" ?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Says needle adjusters.

Comment

I would go with the Dynojet jet kit. I am not sure if it is available cheaper elsewhere. It contains new needles that are adjustable and has a good track record. Others may have different opinions.

Comment

Ok I see that they have good reviews and its not that much more

Comment

Originally posted by m.qualls89 View Post
            Says needle adjusters.
            In other words, thin washers.
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Yes thin washers. Did have a slide lift hole drill bit and how much to cut off the slide spring. My parts manager bought one of there kits for his CBR . Only thing kinda cool is that it is a tailor made kit for your specific application. Like your locations altitude, Average temperatures, etc. Air box modifications, or pod filters, stock exhaust, or headers, slip ons etc. Stage 1-7 so you pick it lol. It did have some detailed instructions and pictures of the actual model of the bike he was working on. It seems to be more suited to some one that is less experienced with jetting and tuning procedures though. Seems like Dynojet with actual adjustable needles is probably worth the money. One negative thing I have seen with some Dynojet needles is that they were roughly machined and not polished or smooth enough and caused excessive wear of the needle jet resulting in a rich condition. And if you have a VL1500 Suzuki the needle jet is non replaceable and it is costly when the repair is needed. Seems legit though http://local.yahoo.com/info-42011844...typing-phoenix
              Last edited by gs11ezrydr; 07-10-2013, 01:21 AM.
              sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

Working...
              X