Test Ride out on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test Ride out on the road

Got the bike out on the road today Named Ella Diablo ( she Devil)
    very fast and smooth

Minor backfire on # 3 (thats it)

noticed the front end seemed loose came home and found it was just the front forks no air ( need to get some harder springs or something) ) air pressure pumped it up to 15PSI will test again

my other issue is what do i need to do to add saddle bags
    special mount or just do a hanging bag

Running front and rear Dunlop 404 110/90 19" and 130/90 18 (next time may go wider) will get a picture soon

Photo, My ride
    Note had a Vetter so came with no turn signals or Headlight
    Improvised Works Great!

Very smooth, very surprised as there was a lot to do after sitting for 20 years most of it was expected adjusting shims and rejetting was very rewarding adjusted the air/mix screw don’t hear any more backfiring.

time to ride doing part of the Save A Vet run on Saturday for saving Military and police dogs 4 hour ride OOH RAHH

Comment

Originally posted by Recoush View Post

Running front and rear Dunlop 404 110/90 19" and 130/90 18 (next time may go wider) will get a picture soon
      Enjoy your new toy!

The rear rim is 2.15" wide. A 130 is too wide, but shouldn't cause too much concern unless you ride aggressively. The front rim is 1.85, so a 110 is pushing the limit too. Best to not go any wider than the tires you have, and consider going thinner next time.

Good luck.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Nice looking bike. Does Suzuki Brown mean blue?

Comment

Good to Know about the rim and tire width Wishful seeing all those wide tire bikes
          Yes the Old Red, white and Blue

Did find one more subtle issue The Speedo works fine and as does the tach.

But my odometer may have an issue for certain the trip part
          Seems like the Trip only went to 0.8 on a 30 min run? well over 10 mile run
          some snaggle tooth and stop lights.

Will monitor and see if the OD is going UP any ideas?

Comment

Well the speedometer works, but not the trip meter goes from 0-9 and after a tank finally showed 1 mile. Trip meter gearing must be bad. The Speedometer and odometer seem to be working correctly as does the Tach.

Noticed the Fuel gauge at a 1/4 tank? (Red line) have twice filled up the tank and it was only 3 gallons to fill from a red line on the meter.

My non Vacuum manual petcock is working great No issues at all. Considering the bike had sat for 20+ years. Soaking and cleaning the carbs and adjusting the shims and finally syncing the carbs made a huge difference.

The only thing may do next year is replace the stock air shocks with fixed springs :>)

Been out for a few charity events and completed a few events, looking forward to another great run.

The bike is running great! Oh Yea time to ride.

Can’t say enough good things about the Help here on the Forum at GS Resources
            IF they tell you something bet on the right answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Recoush View Post
              Got the bike out on the road today Named Ella Diablo ( she Devil)
              very fast and smooth

Minor backfire on # 3 (thats it)

noticed the front end seemed loose came home and found it was just the front forks no air ( need to get some harder springs or something) ) air pressure pumped it up to 15PSI will test again

my other issue is what do i need to do to add saddle bags
              special mount or just do a hanging bag

ditch the air its a pia the keep psi at the exact amount in each leg
              if you want to save money just make up longer spacers to go ontop of springs
              lenght depends on how stiff you want the forks
              i think it was aluminium 1inch round bar we used to used to cut into spacers
              ozman

Comment

Agreed is a pain, any idea on what a starting length of pipe to use,
                When measured the springs were in spec.

From what I have seen they also use pipe in the progressive kit.
                Maybe start with whatever progressive uses as a starting length?

Comment

Originally posted by ozman View Post
                  ditch the air its a pia the keep psi at the exact amount in each leg
                  ozman
                  Years ago I had a bike with air assisted forks... I solved the "balance" issue by tying the two together with one common filler and a gauge on the dash.

It was kinda entertaining to watch the needle move when on and off the brakes!

Comment

Working...
                  X