Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's a reasonable source for 1100G intake boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's a reasonable source for 1100G intake boots?

I need to replace my 30 yr old carb boots. What is a good reliable source for them? I figure replacing the boots & shimming the needles have a good shot at getting rid of my slight detonation when fully warmed up. I'll probably get a much smoother running engine too.

Basscliff's site has a list of good vendors. Lately I've been using Boulevard Suzuki. They only sell OEM, no Vesra, ect. Good prices and service.

How are your airbox boots?
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by LarryJ View Post
      I need to replace my 30 yr old carb boots. What is a good reliable source for them? I figure replacing the boots & shimming the needles have a good shot at getting rid of my slight detonation when fully warmed up. I'll probably get a much smoother running engine too.
      ....................... hi guys,,, i would recommend Z1 in the usa,,,, they have been great to me over the years great service and delivery,,, or double check with your major suzuki dealer,,, but watch his prices,,,, regards oldgrumpy

Comment

I've been using Z1 and Boulevard primarily for my stuff. The fiches, prices and service are game winning stuff. I stopped into my local shop recently for a new petcock and they wanted nearly $110 for it. I would have had to wait for delivery too since they don't stock it. Boulevard had the petcock and a new choke cable to my door in a few days, both for less than my local shop wanted just for the petcock.

Comment

Working...
        X