Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil pan gasket for 1984 GS550l

Hey guys,
    I have purchased an oil pan for my 84 GS550L from ebay. Just got around to removing the old one today. It had a cross threaded drain plug. Anyway, I was hoping to use my existing gasket, but I managed to damage it. I can not use it for a template to make a new one.

Would appreciate it if someone could point me towards anew OEM gasket or even a template for it.

Regards,

Antlese

place the oil pan on the gasket material and draw around it, make your own template that way
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I think this is what you're looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1977-198...e0ae9b&vxp=mtr

Agemax is right, you can make a gasket that way as well.

Comment

I created a gasket myself. Used some heavy drawing paper and basically rubbed my fingers over the paper while holding it onto the oil pan. Had a little oil/grease on my hands which helped create the outline.

Cut the outline out, and did a test fit on the oil pan. It fit perfectly. Then I placed my template on a roll of gasket material and cut it out using a sharp modelling knife.

Installed the oil pan and new gasket a couple of days ago. I used a small bead of blue permatex gasket goop on each face of the new gasket. Filled the bike with oil and so far no leaks. :0)

Comment

Working...
        X