Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip Meter Doesnt Work

Hi Guy's
    Does anyone know if the trip meter can be fixed on the gauges for the GSX 1100 EZ 82, 83 models. Mine won't reset when the button is pushed in. I checked the forum and this seems to be a common problem but i couldn't actually see if anyone managed to find a solution. I have a faulty fuel gauge so was hoping to use the trip meter to monitor my fuel/mileage.

Cheers

Richard

Anyway you could get some lube inside it? Try pushing the knob in as far as you can after a lube. Worked on one of my other bikes.

Comment

Yes...shoot some PB Blaster or other penetrating oil in there. Push the button in and out and maybe tap the speedo as your button is out. Vibrate it loose and maybe the lube will take effect.

Can you feel resistance as you just start to push the button or is it free and no resistance?
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
      X