cam replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cam replacement

Scored a set of yosh cams for my gs750, how do I put them in? Is there generally markings on the cam sprockets to look out for?

If they are Yoshimura cams, you NEED to degree them to make sure they are installed correctly & check to make SURE you have enough piston to valve clearance. If you aren't familiar with this process, find someone that IS or you could end up destroying your engine. Feel free to call me at 714--356-7845 if you need help. If you are in SoCal, I can help you do this install. Ray.

Comment

...crap. Would I have to take the entire engine/bike to a shop? Any way to figure out what degree they need to be set to etc?

I can post pics of them later today, from what I remember the only markings were POPY. Thanks for the offer, might take you up on it.

Edit: Should mention I have the head they were previously installed on, which is also ported and polished.
      Last edited by Guest; 08-07-2013, 04:33 AM.

Comment

What bike did the head/cams come from?

I have seen a few threads where you are asking "will this fit?" and are getting stuff from several different bikes.

Just trying to make sure you are not setting yourself up for a big dissappointment.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          What bike did the head/cams come from?

I have seen a few threads where you are asking "will this fit?" and are getting stuff from several different bikes.

Just trying to make sure you are not setting yourself up for a big dissappointment.

They came from the same bike, a 78 gs750

Comment

Got these from yosh r&d.

Pics of the actual cams:

Last edited by Guest; 08-08-2013, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X