Piston wrist pin Snap Rings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piston wrist pin Snap Rings.

Replacing snap rings after replacement, just a bit curious. Do I just need to get one that fits? Steel snap rings are fine? There isn't anything specific to use right?

I've read the manual on it, doesn't state anything particular about what to replace them with, and a search revealed nothing.

use the correct ones for the pistons, preferably OEM Suzuki ones if you have OEM pistons.

fit inferior or ill fitting clips and you will be shocked at the damage they can do if one pops out while the engine is running
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

they are not Genuine Suzuki, but yes, they look ok
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

+1 on the OEM parts. The maintenance manual specifies new snap rings on reassembly even if the old ones look new and as Agemax said if they come out of there it will definitely ruin your day.

Cheers

Comment

Gotcha. I suppose I'll order the OEM off of Alpha Sports then. Thanks for the insight.

Comment

USD$23.97 after shipping.... Anyone know of a better place to find new OEM clips?

Comment

Originally posted by nuitdevotremort View Post
              Gotcha. I suppose I'll order the OEM off of Alpha Sports then. Thanks for the insight.
              USD$23.97 after shipping.... Anyone know of a better place to find new OEM clips?
              ANYWHERE but Alpha Sport.

I don't know of ANYONE that orders from them, we only keep them around for their nice interface and reverse search function.

Boulevard Suzuki, they are $1.00 each, you need eight of them.

PISTON PIN CIRC
              09381-16001 (replaces 09381-16002) 8 $1.00$1.00

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                ANYWHERE but Alpha Sport.

I don't know of ANYONE that orders from them, we only keep them around for their nice interface and reverse search function.

Boulevard Suzuki, they are $1.00 each, you need eight of them.

PISTON PIN CIRC
                09381-16001 (replaces 09381-16002) 8 $1.00$1.00

I have ordered from them when I couldn't find what I needed elsewhere.
                Communication and shipping time was good. The only downside is if you do not instruct them otherwise, they will hold the order until they have the complete order ready to ship. In that event, you could be waiting for them to receive one small part you don't particularly need immediately.
                Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Order them from your local Suzuki dealer. That way you save on shipping.

Comment

I think I'll be going with Boulevard, thanks Steve.

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                    The only downside is if you do not instruct them otherwise, they will hold the order until they have the complete order ready to ship.
                    I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the tip earlfor.

Comment

If you haven't already ordered hold off. I have some extras and can send them to you just need to make sure they are the same part number. They are the same, let me check by this weekend to see how many I still have to send you.
                      Last edited by cowboyup3371; 08-08-2013, 08:53 PM.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Already ordered. :-( Thanks though!

Comment

Working...
                        X