No announcement yet.

Suzuki 09930-34930 rotor remover tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, looks like I gotta do this myself now as my seal on that side of the crank is tweaked and now I'm concerned it won't last.

After removing the bolt that holds the rotor magnet assembly on, can you just run a long 1.5mm pitch bolt into the rotor threads or is there something else besides the bolt that's needed? BTW, this is on an '82 550.

Thanks.
    1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
    1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
    2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

The rotor is a male M30 x 1.5, with only a total thead depth of a little over 1/4". Most likely, I'll be able to part with my puller in a few more days, after my new wear parts arrive, and I know the starter clutch works.

Comment

Ok with some heat applied, I put in my 1.5mm bolt and brought it to just over 50 lbs foot of torque, the factory rating. Then I have the end of the bolt a few healthy whacks with a hammer and bingo, off it came. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
        1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
        1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
        2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

UpdaTE

The starter clutch springs and rollers finally came in yesterday, almost 3 weeks after I ordered them online from a site that listed them "on hand". It took all of 15 minutes to install the parts, and the bike lives again!

It looks like the old springs had taken a 20% compression set, and the rollers had between .020-.030 wear on the diameter. The old rollers were visibly unevenly worn.

Comment

Originally posted by V84ME View Post
            The starter clutch springs and rollers finally came in yesterday, almost 3 weeks after I ordered them online from a site that listed them "on hand". It took all of 15 minutes to install the parts, and the bike lives again!

It looks like the old springs had taken a 20% compression set, and the rollers had between .020-.030 wear on the diameter. The old rollers were visibly unevenly worn.
            The roller are not the only wear parts, the main boss OD wears as well (what the rollers run on).

Comment

Working...
            X