Bargin of the day!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bargin of the day!!

I got a spare engine for my bike (I have been assured that it is a runner, yeh, I know) but for £40 I thought it was worth a punt, even if I use it for spares (a 2nd hand starter motor is with £20 and the shims are worth a couple of quid each and there are 8 of them.)
    I also got 2 boxes of bits (indicators, primary air box, secondary air box, levers, switch’s, rear caliper, brake lines, tacho cable and best of all L/H & R/H rear hanger brackets as one of mine has rusted through and the other one has been bodged and a pair of rear shocks) for £29.

Only down side is that it cost me over £30 in fuel Monday night to fetch them.

I think that was a bit of a result!!

Having spares is good insurance - picking them up cheap is even better.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I would consider that a good days work. It is nice to have a back engine. Helps me sleep.

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Yup definitely a good insurance policy.

The clutch in the new to me FZ I got earlier in the year was a mess with scorched steels and very worn fiber disks. Fortunately I had gotten a spare bike in the deal and the clutch pack in its engine looked brand new with everything very clean and in spec. A switch over saved me about $200 I figured.

You may never need it but if you do its sitting there waiting for you.

Good score.

A.

Comment

Working...
        X