Busted up Clutch Push Rod (1980 gs550)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busted up Clutch Push Rod (1980 gs550)

I bought a 1980 GS550L a few months back. This being my first bike, I don't know much about it, or bikes in general. That being said, I busted up my Push Rod and Oil Seal while riding with too loose of a chain(or so I've read). I've been looking online for the parts and have found the Oil Seal, but I haven't been able to decipher what size and length my new Push Rod should be. Any tips and input would be great.

So, any of you bike wizards know what size PushRod a 1980 GS550L needs and where I can get one?

And for my future misfortunes, are there certain years/models that have interchangeable parts?

Thanks for your time and help.

Go with the original Suzuki part, probably have to get it used.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

SHOCKING
      It appears to be still available

Part# 2PARTPUSHROD
      supersedes: 23100-44100 23100-44101 Desc REPLACEMENT PUSHROD KIT -SU USD Price 29.50

Comment

I looked on boulevard's site, they didn't list it.
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I had been reading about the part number change and found my way to the alpha-sports page. But in the forum I had read the guy said he received 1 small rod in the mail, then had to order another piece from them to get the whole sha'bang. I also noticed that it is a 2 piece now, rather than the one long one. I'm assuming that doesn't change anything. I can just pull it out and put the new one in? As for getting it used, I have been trying to find one, but I haven't found one specifically for my year and model, which is why I am wondering if i could use the PushRod from similar bikes. Just wanna make sure I get the right one the first time.

I am new to this, so if I'm not making sense feel free to enlighten me.

Thanks again guys.
          Last edited by Guest; 08-28-2013, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X