New metal oem head gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New metal oem head gasket

Finally got my new gasket, which I guess is the new suzuki all metal oem. It doesn't have rubber O-rings on the corners as the old one. There are no O-rings separately on the parts fiche. Do I need some sort of o-ring with this type of gasket? Don't want to put this together and have leaks. terrylee

Is that the head gasket or the base gasket ?

Comment

Head gasket. Just went and took another look and it appears the corner hole diameter is same as the diameter of gasket with O-rings. (non metal old oem?) terrylee

Comment

help!

Did search on here for mls head gaskets and looks like some have had problem with this new type of oem leaking oil. One said he put thin layers of silicone sealer around where o-rings should be and leakage stopped. One suggested torqueing it down a little more. Anyone else had trouble with these new head gaskets, or have an opinion?

Comment

Stock MLS gasket. They are better but less forgiving for warped surfaces.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
          X