1985 GS550 Oil lines to head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 GS550 Oil lines to head

I have a 1985 GS550 and it has two oil feed or return lines that go from the head to the crankcase. These are leaking, apparently through the rubber hose portion.

Is there a good replacement option? Can I buy parts from somewhere and make my own lines or get braided lines made somewhere?

I tried to search first but kept getting an error message.

Thanks!

7 11281-43404
    HOSE, OIL RH
    8 11283-43404
    HOSE, OIL LH

Alpha SPorts fiche
    still available

70 or 80 each

must be able to get em made up as the PSI is far lwoer than brakes would generate.

Comment

Thanks J-Rusty, I checked at work today ( I work in a Suzuki dealership) and the hoses show backorder from all 3 warehouses.. so its either find them in stock somewhere (unlikely) or make my own.

I looked at the parts from places like Russell and Earls, and there is definitely hose out there that would do the job, but I don't know what the id of the hose is, 3 4 or 6an.. and I cant cut one of mine apart because atm, my bike is my only transpo..

Comment

If I go with 3an (roughly 3/16" if I understand the sizing) I can get what I need from Earls in spiffy red and blue ano with SS lines for about 80 bucks.. should need a 45 degree banjo, a 30 degree banjo and 2 straight banjos to keep the routing the same, and they sell the hose 10' per roll.. way more than I need.

Does anyone happen to have an oil feed line laying around they can cut and measure the id of the hose? Id almost say it looks the same as oe brake line but I don't have any to compare with.

Comment

So after some research I found that the upper banjos are 8mm, and that is not an industry standard. In fact, I was unable to find anything at all that would work.. So I jumped on ebay and found a NOS pair of them for 50 bucks shipped.. The packaging looks kind of old but they haven't been soaking in oil for 30 years like the originals, so I think they'll be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug B. View Post
            So after some research I found that the upper banjos are 8mm, and that is not an industry standard. In fact, I was unable to find anything at all that would work.. So I jumped on ebay and found a NOS pair of them for 50 bucks shipped.. The packaging looks kind of old but they haven't been soaking in oil for 30 years like the originals, so I think they'll be OK.
            You found the ONLY NOS pair in the world , apparently, and beat me to it.

Mind if I ask who the seller was?

EDIT- it was probably this, right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-Suzu...711f74&vxp=mtr
            Last edited by BigD_83; 10-01-2013, 06:58 PM.
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Working...
            X