Oil Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Level

Looking at the oil level window, I have observed that with the engine off, the oil level appears to be full. But, with the bike on, there is no oil visible in the window.

Does this sound right?

Thanks.

Originally posted by snackie View Post
    Looking at the oil level window, I have observed that with the engine off, the oil level appears to be full. But, with the bike on, there is no oil visible in the window.

Does this sound right?

Thanks.
    I assume when you say bike on you mean running. If this is the case then yes no oil should be visible in the sight glass when running. The oil is sitting in the sump when the engine is off. It is circulating when the engine is running

Comment

^^^ What he said.
      When the engine is running you should not be able to check the oil, it is circulating through the engine and the clutch is splashing it on the sight glass so you can't see much anyhow.

Comment

Thank you!

Thanks for your help, I guessed that was the case. Apparently, I like to worry.

Comment

On the 850, you're supposed to wait 60 seconds after the (warmed up) engine is turned off before you check the oil level in the sight glass. Don't know if this applies to the 650G or not, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.
          Charles
          --
          1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
          X