No announcement yet.

Lower-end noise from my GS850 daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After talking with another friend locally, I believe I may be hearing a weak or failed valve spring or other valve train issue.

I'm going to pause this thread and rebuild the top end. It needs to be done anyway (had that seeping base gasket on my hit list for years), and I'm optimistic that I'll find my noise in the process. Wish me luck!

I'll try to document, but not sure yet if I'll create a separate thread for the top end rebuild or just tag it onto this one.

Comment

Never a bad thing to do a top end overhaul. Just don't know how you will "see" the cause of the noise. I suppose you could be back to cam chain. Some people insist on replacing the cam chain when doing a top end (using a split one?) and check the cam chain guides and the auto tensioning device.

Good luck

Greetings
      Richard
      sigpic
      GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
      GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
      GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
      GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
      Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
      Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Working...
      X