Clutch cable routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch cable routing

Hey folks, its been a long time.. I can usually find what I need on the forum search but I've come up with nothing on this one. I have recently acquired a much abused 83 GS750E. Poor thing needs a lot of work but I got it for a song. I need to get a picture or a description of the stock clutch cable route. I have a stock cable but it is obviously not routed correctly ( big kink, pull is sloppy, cable moves a lot when I pull it) Does anyone out there have a stock 83 that they can post pics of? I have a pdf copy of the service manual but its no help either. Thanks in advance.

I had a similar issue, mine now runs up between the first and second carb, staright up to the frame and along the right side of the backbone, hope that helps, but then again mine seems longer as it is aftermarket

Comment

Get a manual and all the other info you need here

and to the OP, go to my rebuild thread to see if there is anything there that can help you out, or off to my blog......

Comment

cable routing

Thanks Lloyd, for answering my post, I ended up running the cable between carb one and two, then up through the rails on the backbone then down under the gas tank blocks. Past the neck and then in front( toward the taillight) of the small plasic plate in front of the tripple trees. It seems to work better. Thank you Gatekeeper, I spent a whole night reading your rebuild thread.... wow! Not a lot of folks can get a look at the start to beautiful finish of a rebuild. Downloaded everything i could from bikecliff's site. Its the first place i go for info on GS. Lots learned

Comment

Working...
        X