X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no way use that gasket... comedians in the shipping dept. i think

Comment

"Send the gasket back and I will get another one on the way."

So I pay shipping back, again. Hmmm. Might be time to switch to PartsOutlaw.

Comment

I've had issues with the last two shipments from G&S. Late shipments and damaged parts mostly. Now using PartsOutlaw.com.
        http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
        1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
        1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
        1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by srg View Post
          "Send the gasket back and I will get another one on the way."

So I pay shipping back, again. Hmmm. Might be time to switch to PartsOutlaw.
          Call them back up, and have them send you a call tag for the damaged part so they pay the shipping back to them. Its their F/U not yours!!!!

If they give you any hassle, call your credit card company.

Plus ask them to ship gasket in the proper size envelope or even a box.

Comment

My Clymer Manual says to check each valve clearance when the cam is pointing straight up. BassCliff's guide differs - it says to put #1 exhaust pointing forward (not up) and check #1 and #2 exhaust in that position.

I followed BassCliff originally and ordered some shims. But now, I just tried the Clymer way and got different clearances....Which one is "right"?

Comment

Working...
            X