Gs1100e gasket change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1100e gasket change

So, I'm finally sick of the oil spewing into my pipes. I'm going to change the base and head gaskets on the old pig. Aside from gaskets, anything I should have? Anything I should look out for?

Check where the tach cable meets the engine
    John 3:16

Comment

It's coming from the base gasket, as far as I can tell.

Comment

Hmm I only say cause I've seen many times where it just looks like the tach area is just wet and the rest of the engine soaked but It was all just seeping from that spot and the wind was blowing it back. Cant hurt i guess to Check and see if it's even a little wet those can definitley contribute to the gulf oil spill
        Last edited by GabrielGoes; 01-31-2014, 11:46 AM.
        John 3:16

Comment

Make SURE you change the orings on the front, center 2 head nuts. More often than not these 2 orings are the leak source, NOT the gaskets. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
            Make SURE you change the orings on the front, center 2 head nuts. More often than not these 2 orings are the leak source, NOT the gaskets. Ray.

Ill second that....

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Is this something I can do without removing the head? It'd be great if it was an easy fix. I'm prepared to do the whole job, I just don't want to. Haha

Comment

I did. Get the two orings from Suzuki. Pop off the valve cover. Remove the two nuts. Re-oring them and torque em back on.
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
                X