Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left Side Oil Leak

Hey All,

Ok, so I purchased a few months back a '79 GS1000E. Now, I'm new-ish to bike maintenance, and got this as a project. She runs well and all, but I just wanted to pick everyone's brains in terms of what type of maintenance/replacements I should focus on, or how to prioritize. She's got a minor leak from underneath the left side (the Crackcase Cover, I think) under the emblem. How would you go about fixing this? Sorry, I know the first part is kinda a broad question, but any advice is welcome. And yes, pictures to come. Thanks!

Give it a good degreae and make sure you look for th original source. But if its just the Alt cover thats a easy fix. All depend on how u want to fix it. My bike i would pull the sproket cover off unplug the wiring that leads to the cover and undo that cover. There is a rubber gromment in there for wires to pass through that mite need cleaning of silastic from previous attempts. Bass cliff be along soo for his mega welcome so download a copy of your workshop manaul and plan what you like to do. be checking alternater nut and sproket nut for tightness while in there and hoping the 3 bolts that hold ure starter gear arent loose. Good luck

Comment

New-to-you bike (sorta) ? even if it runs well now, plan to catch up on maintenance. go here... be suspicious

don't skip this info about common issues

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
      X