orange goop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cousin

Cousin (we might be!) - what was it born as? A '78 1000e?
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      PO didn't put the orange crap on the gaskets! He just smeared it on the outside of the motor.
      Amateur hour.
      Smeared might be to gentle a word.

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      Cousin (we might be!) - what was it born as? A '78 1000e?
      Hey Rob! Heh.
      Spot on, it's a skunk.

More title woes. I may give up on this project. I'll update with more details later, pretty glum about it.

Comment

Originally posted by the schwartz View Post
        More title woes. I may give up on this project. I'll update with more details later, pretty glum about it.
        so i looked over everything more closely. i'm learning a lot about what to look for the next tiime i buy a bike, if nothing else.

Basically the original papers already had mistakes on them,
        - the model was listed as "GS1"
        - the VIN on the paperwork had an extra "E" in it: Bike says GS1000_######, and the papers say GS1000E######

So now both of those things are on my new NJ title, along with the mistake they added earlier this week, somehow changing 1978 to 2004.

I'm pretty confident that taking this to the DMV would be a colossal waste of time, and be more frustrating than I think I can handle.

Comment

Originally posted by the schwartz View Post
          so i looked over everything more closely. i'm learning a lot about what to look for the next tiime i buy a bike, if nothing else.

Basically the original papers already had mistakes on them,
          - the model was listed as "GS1"
          - the VIN on the paperwork had an extra "E" in it: Bike says GS1000_######, and the papers say GS1000E######

So now both of those things are on my new NJ title, along with the mistake they added earlier this week, somehow changing 1978 to 2004.

I'm pretty confident that taking this to the DMV would be a colossal waste of time, and be more frustrating than I think I can handle.
          Take it to AAA. I try not to deal with the state.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Chef,

Serious question: how does going to AAA help? What can that organization do?

I'm only marginally familiar with their roadside assistance/insurance programs.
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
              Chef,

Serious question: how does going to AAA help? What can that organization do?

I'm only marginally familiar with their roadside assistance/insurance programs.
              They also deal with titles without the BS from the state.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Interesting...I don't know if that kind of service exists for the CAA.
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Never heard of it with AAA either, I'll have to look into it.
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                  X