GS 750 engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 750 engine swap

I have a 1978 gs 750 that the top end needs to be re done, but funds are low right now and I have the opportunity to pick up a good engine but it's out of a 1983. Does anyone know if the swap would be a bolt in?

Not really , the engine to look for is a '78 - '79 GS 1000 engine. Bolts right in, is lighter and physically smaller in every dimension than the 750 engine, it's what Suzuki should have done in the first place. We are doing another on a friend's '76 750 this next weekend, good stuff.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Got my hands on a 1000, do you have any other things I should look out for to make the swap a bit easier? (carbs, jetting etc.)

Comment

Jetting depends on the configuration of intake and exhaust. Do you have the 1000 carbs? IIRC they are larger than the 750 carbs.
        Tom, won't he have to fabricate the rear motor mount, or mod it?

Comment

He will need to modify one of the front top engine mounts and since he already has the right carbs, re-jet them to 1000 specs.
          The right foot-peg mount will also need to be modified a little.

Comment

So the 750 carbs re jetted will work? I also only have the 750 exhaust, will they bolt up or should I start looking for something else?

Comment

Working...
            X