1982 GS650L Oil filter cap nuts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS650L Oil filter cap nuts.

Anyone know the nuts I need for the oil filter cap studs? Mine stripped and the closest my local hardware store has is 12-24 but they are a little loose.

m6 x 1mm.....
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Yep, they're metric... any real hardware store (not Meanards, bLowes, or Home Desperate) should be able to fix you up. They don't need to be acorn nuts. I like to use nylock nuts.

However... the studs are probably what's stripped. They're made of a particularly cheap cheddar cheese/sawdust blend, and people love to yank on them way too hard, so they strip out on every single GS.

If you don't have time to order new ones from Suzuki, you can find some M6 studs at your local REAL hardware store, or at a REAL auto parts store (the grungy one with grumpy grizzled old parts slingers behind the counter, not pimply teenagers). Make sure you get them long enough. Lengths of all-thread will work, too.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
      X