valve shims 1983 gs650gl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

valve shims 1983 gs650gl

Can anyone suggest a good link or video on youtube of valve shims being replaced on a gs650 , I find a few videos to watch but none realy go into detail ??? It would be greatly appreciated ..

Basscliff has it all, so skip youtube!

little difference, but you have to remove breather cover for clearance. Easy, you'll spend more time cleaning old stuck on gasket than actually adjusting shims. Basscliff used the tool, I opted for ziptie method.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thx Tom .. as for a previous issue I was having with the bike bogging when I crack the throttle ... solved that problem ! It was caused by my 2 inner intake manifold boots having cracked right around the flange part that attaches to the engine side . And it was sucking large amounts of air .. have since ordered 4 new carb boots for the engine side ..

Comment

Thank for boot update! I've been looking at mine (right at flanges)wondering if they are just going to let go someday when I'm riding. guess I better carry duct tape!
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Actually a mechanic here in toronto suggested I use the product called the right stuff to repair the boots . I gave it a shot and it appears to be working great .. but opted to order new boots anyways

Comment

"right stuff" ? is that something advertised at night on TV ? I better not google it- I'm afraid what will pop up!
            1981 gs650L

Comment

Notsure ... you get it here in toronto atvcanadian tire , where all the silicones andgasket material is .. The right stuff worked awsome !! And cost about $25 canadian and it comes in a silicone tube ..

Comment

Working...
              X