GS-650 - Second Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ hjfisk

I've sent you a PM about the tranny you have!

It would appear that only second gear is affected, feels like it's dropping down to first at 3500rpm, as the revs raise by 500rpm - But 3rd is there instantly when I select it.

5th is nice and quiet, and all feels good. I've not had it over 4000rpm (50mph) in 5th yet, due to running it in (new rings).

Just routine snagging to be done now - a few oil leaks to be fixed etc

J

Comment

The trans that you posted looks to be what you need and the same that I have. I got your PM but have not had a chance to pull the trans and package it up to get a quote. As long as 2nd gear is good in the one you posted , you are probably just as well off with that one as shipping is going to be the killer from here.
      OOP's I just reread the ad I thought it was in the UK, So yes I can still pull mine if you want. Mine will come with the shifting forks and all related small parts. Price should be comparable for shipping, but I can check.
      Last edited by hjfisk; 05-01-2014, 06:11 AM.
      1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
      80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
      1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
      83 gs750ed- first new purchase
      85 EX500- vintage track weapon
      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
      If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

I'd rather have one that is known to be "good" rather than one from an unknown source... And I'm willing to pay for it!

One of the guys in the Katana owners club bought one from a junkyard which turned out to be in worse condition than the one he had, and didn't manage to get his money back.....

I don't want that to happen!

Get the cheapest possible quote you can - Surface mail if you have to, as it won't be done immediately anyhow, so a few weeks wait will be acceptable!

Thanks,

J

Comment

Working...
        X