I have never messed with the prop shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never messed with the prop shaft

I bought a heck of a project bike, the boot that attaches to the swing arm has been gone for a long time...I was thinking that the union needs replaced. Although I haven't seen a union for sale or any thing in the parts fiche that mentions it...Should I clean and grease the union, or do I need a whole new shaft? I noticed that they aren't available as new... Any advice is appreciated..

Originally posted by Meriban View Post
    I bought a heck of a project bike, the boot that attaches to the swing arm has been gone for a long time...
    A long time perhaps, but if all that time was spent sitting and not riding, the parts won't be worn out, just dirty. Take it all apart, clean everythig up, look for wear or damage. I bet you can find the replacement boot someplace.

If it is all worn out, replace the whole works, someone here has the parts you will need.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

It was ridden

Yes it was ridden a lot...I will take it out, as soon as I determine what size the socket is to take the swing arm off...Then clean it and make sure it is well lubed...I ordered the boot from a place up in Wisconsin. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X