rear sprocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear sprocket

hey guys, i just recently purchased a 530 chain conversion kit from Z1 enterprises. those guys are great to deal with. i got 18t front and 50t rear. rk 116 link x ring chain. after installing and adjusting the chain i ran it on my jack. the chain is perfectly straight and everything looks good EXCEPT( and this is a very big except) the rear sproket is not spinning evenly. i traced it to the cush drive not sitting completely flat to the wheel. looks like a high spot if you will. has anyone had this issure in the past? if so what was the repair? i still havent dropped the rear tire back off due to time crunch but im going to assume it will either by due to a bearing issue or somehow i may have just cocked the cush to the wheel when installing. any help would be much appriciated. thanks!

Those cush rubbers have a tab on the back side of them. It could have popped out of the corresponding hole it goes into on the rim itself and got wedged inbetween somehow.. Might check that.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

That or one of the rubbers is the wrong part, broken off tab, in backwards, maybe even one is missing?

Done all of these before.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Ahh good call! i didnt even check, i should have but i didnt. thanks that will be the first place i look

Comment

when installed, smear the rubbers lightly with silicone grease. it helps the sprocket hub seat easier back in the wheel and prevents any cush drive squeaks from dry rubbers
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

just ordered some new rubbers cause if im going to pull it back out minus well replace them. thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Gs1100e82 View Post
              just ordered some new rubbers cause if im going to pull it back out minus well replace them. thanks guys!
              Sorry to say you wasted you money. Your sprocket carrier dampeners were probably just fine.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
              X