Another mystery part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another mystery part

I know, I know, I should keep better track of the parts I remove. But with 3 kids running in and out of the garage with their friends I sometimes get distracted. Anyhow, I was assembling the rear wheel of my '81 650GL and can't seem to find where this part goes. I've looked in my Clymer manual, the parts fiche, etc., but no luck. Can anybody point me in the right direction? And it is conceivable that it could belong to the front wheel, but I doubt it. That went together easily and matched the drawings.

Cheers!
    K

That's the spacer that goes in the differential and your axle bolt goes through it. Small end to the left I think.

Buddy
    09 Yamaha Venture Royal (my first Yamaha)
    83 Honda VT500FT Ascot (three of them)
    81 GS650G for the wife.
    82 Suzuki GS850GL Bought it 3 times, sold it twice, then traded for a nice 82 GS1100G AND a 93 Honda 750 Nighthawk, even WOW!
    I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those words that should have remained unsaid.
    If ya can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with B. S.
    Motorcycles are like children....They should be seen and not heard.

Comment

Thanks. I was just logging on to say I figured it out, but you beat me to it!

Mystery solved. I love this site!

Comment

Originally posted by Skinner View Post
        I've looked in my Clymer manual, ... but no luck.
        May I suggest that you set the Clymer manual aside for a while, go to BassCliff's site and download a FACTORY manual?

A Clymer is OK, and certainly better than a Haynes, but neither one compares to a Suzuki manual.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Actually, I do have the factory manual from his site printed out. I use it more than the Clymer. When I was referring to the parts fiche, it's the drawings in the shop manual I was talking about. They are the same as the fiche drawings on all the parts websites.

You're right about the Clymer manual though; it's not nearly as good as the Suzuki shop manual.

Cheers!
          K

Comment

Actually, I do have the factory manual from his site printed out. I use it more than the Clymer. When I was referring to the parts fiche, it's the drawings in the shop manual I was talking about. They are the same as the fiche drawings on all the parts websites.

You're right about the Clymer manual though; it's not nearly as good as the Suzuki shop manual.

Cheers!
            K

Comment

Working...
            X