Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

confirm cam chain tensioner leak?

I'm 99.9% sure that I need to do the rebuild detailed by bwringer here:

It also appears the intake boots that I thought were ok - really aren't. UNLESS the oil misted upward on intake books #2 and #3 is coming from the tensioner leak and not the boots themselves.

Hot oil flies everywhere, you really can't tell. The tensioners always leak until you fix them. I don't think I've seen one yet that didn't leak a little bit.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

One thing I have learned is that we can ALWAYS do some sort of tinkering to any bike we own.
      For me there are varying degrees of urgency and I rate the problem against the available riding season we have in our area. (short).
      This MAY be a thing you can live with until Fall (winter) and tackle it during the off-season rather than costing you riding time right now..?
      Your bike - your call ...but it doesn't seem too bad to me from the picture....?
      Currently in the Stable :
      2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
      1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
      - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

What he said, if that's been leaking for years it's not so bad. If it's a weeks worth it's a lot worse.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

ok. i'll clean it up and then ride a bit....she how fast she leaks. it's too nice out to waste riding days.

Comment

Working...
          X