GS750EX starter clutch pulling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750EX starter clutch pulling

Hey all so a quick question. The bike we are working on is a 1981 GS750EX. Gotta replace the starter clutch, not a problem, ordered a used one from ebay and a puller. The puller I got is a 16mm which was too big, but all resources I found online indicated that the 16 is the right size for the GS550 to the GS1000, 750 included. I did have a 14mm bolt in the bolt bucket but it was the wrong thread count. My new starter clutch came with the rotor and it too requires a 14mm, so I know Im not completely crazy. My question to yall is, do you know exactly what thread count I need to pull this rotor, so I can just order the bolt? Our local Home Depots had pathetic metric machine bolt sections.

Thanks a bunch

Originally posted by arblebang View Post
    Hey all so a quick question. The bike we are working on is a 1981 GS750EX. Gotta replace the starter clutch, not a problem, ordered a used one from ebay and a puller. The puller I got is a 16mm which was too big, but all resources I found online indicated that the 16 is the right size for the GS550 to the GS1000, 750 included. I did have a 14mm bolt in the bolt bucket but it was the wrong thread count. My new starter clutch came with the rotor and it too requires a 14mm, so I know Im not completely crazy. My question to yall is, do you know exactly what thread count I need to pull this rotor, so I can just order the bolt? Our local Home Depots had pathetic metric machine bolt sections.

Thanks a bunch
    I think the swing arm bolt is the same thread.

Comment

Working...
    X