No announcement yet.

flywheel puller question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the wear comes from high RPM then closing the throttle or road race type of down shifts and of course starter kick back.
    when you do the above it makes all the SC parts kick back out and try to engage while the engines running.
    i have seen the rotor threads wobble even with new bolts.
    if yours fit pretty tight just red locktite and impact them in.
    depending on your riding habits you should be good for a long time.

Comment

15.000mm
      It's either horribly worn or in good shape. I'll research it more when I get a few minutes

Comment

when they wear the hard coating starts coming off.
        you should be able to see and or feel the worn parts.

also look for dents in the SC housing..that would be a bad sign.
        Last edited by blowerbike; 06-06-2014, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rwnielsen View Post

15.000mm
          It's either horribly worn or in good shape. I'll research it more when I get a few minutes
          I figure that is zero wear, and it probably just came loose. If someone did a search under my handle they can probably find the stock sizes and the threshold for slipping.

OK I looked it up. The reason I know this wear is too much is that it started to slip right at this wear level. I had forgotten to put the roller bearing in and got accelerated life testing of the starter clutch.

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

The barrals measure:

14.80, 14.74 and 14.59 mm compared to new which is 15.00 mm

The flywheel boss is

51.48 mm v.s new which is 52 mm.

If I take either of two other flywheels and drop it into the clutch the barrels lock. With the "new" one just pulled out it will NOT ; it simply spins.
          Last edited by posplayr; 06-06-2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

$2/ea. I would have probably gone with a shoulder bolt. I cleaned everything up really well.

Comment

Book calls for 14.5lb/ft or 174 lb/in. I gave it a nudge beyond as it is less than I would have tightened it without a torque wrench.

Comment

I fired it up.....no mystery noises at all. I'm going to go for a little ride ;-)

Comment

Working...
                X