GS750 clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 clutch

I am in need of clutch work on my 78 GS750.

Here's my problem, after adjusting it as lose or as far out as I can on both ends on the cable it still slips bad when cold (after running for only 10-15mins). Once it warms up its way better, will only slip if in 4-5th and I go close to full throttle.

So after doing some searching I see swapping the springs out will/might help, so I will start there. If that is a no go then clutches.

My question is what brand of "stock" clutches and springs should I get? Can't find stock Suzuki stuff online.

Oh and I am running Rottela T 15w40.

First question would be how often do you change your oil?

Before putting back together with the new springs you should measure and inspect your plates.
    There is a thickness that should be in the manual that you will want to make sure they are in spec.
    You will also be looking for if they are still flat or if they are warped.
    The easiest way to check that is to set them on a flat plane of glass or a flat mirror.
    Inspect that the material on grab plates is all there and not to thin?

I have heard of baskets having problems also but do not know what it looks like.
    My guess would be lines grooved in from the plates, not allowing them to separate.

I do not know if the same problems with putting back together a 8 valve as a 16 , but the arm going through the clutch cover may take a few tries to align right with the thingy on end of clutch.
    Make sure it grabs before tightening all your bolts to spec.

Comment

The oil in it has 400+ miles on it.

Comment

Then you know to check everything else.
        You should be good with the gravity oil then and no longer a question. (for me)
        Are you familiar with Basecliffs site?

He has the manual for the 8 valve 750 and some other great files and links if you scroll down.
        Last edited by Guest; 06-14-2014, 02:06 PM. Reason: For me

Comment

Yeah I got that

Comment

Working...
          X