1100e exhaust bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100e exhaust bolts

I have to remove my headers to change the oil and filter as I'm sure others do. Does anyone use studs (8mm) for theirs? I'm getting concerned about wear on the threads in the head.
    Thanks
    Rich

Use studs. Suzuki was too cheap. You don't have to be.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

i have always had clearance issues with the flange and frame tubes when using studs or working on a 1100/1150 with studs installed.

Comment

I have stainless bolts ; no wear problems with spigots

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
          i have always had clearance issues with the flange and frame tubes when using studs or working on a 1100/1150 with studs installed.
          Good point I might make up a mild steel set to try out and see if it's doable. It's not like a weekly ordeal for me. I do have the pipes off now so I can raise the bike on a bike jack for a tire change and fork seals.

Comment

my GPZ you have to drop the pipe...real PITA..
            plus you have to hit the front forks with a blast of air to extent them and then get a helper to help spread the GD pipes a part to go around the frame..
            GEEESH!
            oh kawi's have studs and this just add's to the cluster monkey.
            i hate scraped up frame paint!

Comment

You can buy a set at Advanced Auto parts.
              I think you get 10 or 12 in a pack.
              About 7 bucks when I bought them. They were marketed as a pack of water pump replacement studs.
              Cheap for a mock up....I'm still running them on my 80' , 1100. They rust fast. Straight up cheap, Chinese mild steel.
              Maybe you can get them cheaper...

Comment

NAPA sells a set of studs for exhausts on Subarus. They don't rust, have a little hex head on one end. You get about ten in a set, comes with nuts that don't work very well for us.

I think they are about $7 too.
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I'll check it out. If they work I'll make or buy a set in stainless.
                  Thanks for the help
                  Rich

Comment

Working...
                  X