Oil Temps Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qcktvr View Post
    Hi Folks, I have been following this thread with interest, had a feeling that you were worrying too much about your oil temps and trying to get them toooo low, so went looking for some facts relating to the subject; found this which I think puts a few myths to bed:

A dry sump system would be nice, although no doubt costly and add weight, but it would eliminate any pick up problems from cornering G forces and let you carry more oil, which would extend the time / laps for it to reach the peak temp.
    Anyway, this article makes running upto 300F a few times over a couple or more race weekends look not too worrying.. (and will let you select a good oil).
    Now trying to get more air over the motor.... probably a v good thing to do
    Wishing you an enjoyable and safe racing season
    thanks! The article reinforces my starting position - my oil tests have come back good so I shouldn't worry.

Comment

Last update on this thread. We raced at Summit Point this weekend. I trust the new thermocouple to be reasonably accurate. The weather was cool - mid to low 70s. At the starting grid, temps were around 100. After 8 laps, oil temp was right at 180. Cylinder head was running 400. I'm pleased and will bent some aluminum to make a proper ductwork.

Comment

Working...
      X