clutch issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch issue

I have a 1979 suzuki gs750L. I was on my way back from a 20 mile highway ride yesterday and as I was getting off on the off ramp I pulled my clutch and nothing was there. I was still able to shift down to first without the clutch but as I came to a stop the bike cut out. I figured the clutch cable might of detached in the clutch housing but it didn't. I took the side cover off to look and as I pull the clutch in, I can see that the cable still pulls on the mechanism in the clutch housing, but as soon as I drop it into first it lurches forward like I don't have my clutch engaged. The center nut on the clutch assembly was loose, so I tightened it, but still when I drop to first it lurches then dies. Any suggestions?

worm gear!
    run it in..bottom out lightly.
    back off 1/2 turn then jam the nut without the screw turning.
    make further adjustments as needed else ware.

Comment

thanks buddy, fixed it in 20 mins. kinda annoying trying to keep the clutch assembly set right. all good though!

Comment

I'm sorta having the same problem, I can adjust the clutch tighter then the bike acts like it's always engaged, if I loosen it, the bike acts like there is no clutch and takes off. I have adjusted the clutch many times. But it seems like there is no middle ground with this. Not has fairly new plates and springs, any ideas?

Comment

Working...
        X