Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should i use their gaskets

Hi

I'm purchasing a Wiseco (1133) piston/ring kit for my gsx 1100E. The kit comes with an aftermarket head gasket and base gasket.

I have read on this forum to only use original Suzuki gaskets. Should i use the gaskets supplied or go with Suzuki gaskets.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Richard

I'm fairly certain that the OEM gaskets won't fit with a big bore kit, so you have to use the supplied gaskets.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

The supplied gaskets are Cometic's and are equal to or better than O.E.M.

Comment

It kinda depends, what kind of gasket? Msl or composite.

the first most gaskets for the 1166 kits were defective and leaked massive amonts of oil immediately. They have been changed now. But you could still have an old one. The composite gasket is listed for 1133-1166 so they are probably one gasket for either. You could us an 1150 oem gasket.
        Last edited by posplayr; 09-08-2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

The gaskets are wiseco part no's W3925 MLS (multi Layered steel) and W5371 Fiber Base Gasket. And yes they're the Cometic Brand.

Comment

Originally posted by carvan40 View Post
            The gaskets are wiseco part no's W3925 MLS (multi Layered steel) and W5371 Fiber Base Gasket. And yes they're the Cometic Brand.
            try this..................

Personally I would not use the Cometic MLS gasket unless you have machined the head and block to a very "pretty" tolerance. Ask Big Jay for standards for "Prettyness" .

The 1150 gasket will work and the base gasket is also metal.

Comment

Working...
            X