Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

top end rebuild kit for a 1981 gs 1100?

Where can I get one?
    1981 GS 1100e turbo, 83 motor, turbo pistons, new head, new turbo, backed and welded clutch basket, Dyna S ignition, cbr 929 front end, gsxr 750 rear end with 190 tire, all carbon fiber covered bodywork.

john,
    was you running a totally stock engine with the turbo set up?
    to my knowledge the parts for a stock engine has to be bought individually...not in a kit form.
    rings/clips/head/base ect..
    i'd recommend a nice used 1166 kit and HD studs at a minimum.
    valve job and so on.
    let me know if i can help with anything.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Just no searching now. An 83 motor may be a better candidate, but I could have the crank on mine welded. Hmmmm.
      1981 GS 1100e turbo, 83 motor, turbo pistons, new head, new turbo, backed and welded clutch basket, Dyna S ignition, cbr 929 front end, gsxr 750 rear end with 190 tire, all carbon fiber covered bodywork.

Comment

Does the 1166 kit require cylinder boring? Do the gs cylinders need replacing if bored out?

Comment

The 1166 kit is a 3mm overbore for the 1100 engine. Makes a GREAT motor too. 3mm over is as much as you can overbore most stock Suzuki blocks & they still have plenty of wall thickness. The 1150 cylinders will make a 1229 for an 1100 when bored the same 3mm bigger, more fun still!
          Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by turbojonn View Post
            Thanks for the reply. Just no searching now. An 83 motor may be a better candidate, but I could have the crank on mine welded. Hmmmm.
            The small left end on your crank would still be susceptible to problems.
            Ray.

Comment

Darn 81 cranks.

Comment

Working...
              X