Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size Jets and should i get an oil cooler

Hi all

I have a gsx 1100EZ 1982, I fitted a Vance and Hines street system to it, the bike is otherwise stock. I followed their recomendation to remove air filter lid and change main jets to 122.5 and pilot jet to 47.5. The bike ran well up until i needed to do a top engine rebuild. I am going to be fitting the Wiseco 1133 piston and ring kit. My question is Vance and Hines recommend a main jet change for the GSX 1150 with my pipes to, carbs 1 and 4 to 125.0 and 3 and 4 to 127.5 for the main jets. They don't mention anything about the pilot jets is that because they recommend the stock pilot jets? if so what size were they, or could i get away with the 47.5 jets i already have. I'm also guessing i'll need to have to fit an oil cooler now that i'll be increasing engine capacity (1074 to 1133 cc's). I'm going to get the GSX 1150 oil filter cover which has the oil restrictor in it and then purchase an after market oil cooler. can anybody help me out on the carby issue and recommend any good coolers please?

PS i did put this post in the carbie section but didn't get any responses , if any one can help out with any info it would be appreciated

Thanks

Richard

Have you checked your PM box today?

Comment

EARLS 10 row oil cooler is what I use with good results

Comment

Thanks for the PM. Thanks for letting me know about Earls 10 row cooler but where do i go to get some info on it? Whilst i'm here can someone tell me the size of the union bolts that come out of the crankcase for the oil lines, as i'm going to need to know the size if i go for a aftermarket cooler.

Comment

Of course you need an oil cooler! They're just a fun mod. to do, and look the biz. Like fork braces, they may not *really* be needed, but who cares, they look great...

PS. Whereabouts in WA are you, Richard? I'm in the 'big smoke' aka Perth myself.

Comment

Working...
          X