Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs550e(z) 1984

Hi

My GS550E is leaking oil but it comes from in between the cilinders but it seems to be slightly wet near the cylinder head stud nut on the back. It comes down to the front and eventually ends op somehow between the cylinders at the front but slso beween head and cylinder on the outside. How often is it just the washers that go below the cylinder head nuts that are causing the oil leak? I am trying to be sure before I take it all apart.

I'm having trouble following your description. Before you dive in , make sure your camcover gasket isn't leaking, also check for cam chain tensioner leaks to rule out the simple stuff first.
    If you need head and base gaskets, stick with suzuki ones and avoid aftermarket if possible.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Cam cover gasket is okay and tensioner is not leaking as seals have been renewed. But I can see a trace of oil coming from the stud at the back. I think that this oil goes down and runs down to the fins at the front of the engine after it has been switched off.

Comment

Working...
      X