GS750/1000 clutch questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750/1000 clutch questions

i am trying to get the the diameter and depth of the GS750 and GS1000 clutch basket for a project.

can 1000 steel and friction plates be used in the GS750 basket?

my aim would be to transplant the GS1000 billet type clutch basket to Gs750 backplate

any advice please

thanks

steels/fibers are different.
    i assume your talking of pre 80 models?
    the 750 has straight cut gears...no mods needed and 1000 basket is totally different is tooth count and gear mesh type.
    simple answer....
    no gains and not possible.

Comment

thanks for the prompt reply
      sorry if i did not make it clear.

its not a GS engine .but it uses a straight cut backplate to which is fitted a suzuki GT 750 clutch basket (triple).it has a stock GT 750 basket fitted with an additional reinforcing ring fitted around it.i was told the GS750 and Gt750 share the same basket??? so the question arose could it be replaced with the billet style clutch basket from i think around an 81 Gs1000 .so it would be a case of grafting on the GS1000 clutch to the straight cut GT backplate.i dont know the depth or diameter of the GS 1000 clutch basket to see if its possible to fit in the crank case.i have been supplied with a bunch of part numbers for both clutches whcih looks like the center bearing is the same.

Comment

you keep mentioning "billet style"
        all suzuki baskets are cast.
        an 81 GS1000 basket is the same as a 16 valve 1100 basket.
        an early 1100 basket (80-82) will fit a (77-79) 750 basket gear.
        i wouldn't ass/u/me anything on the GT and GS 750 baskets being the same unless i compared them myself.

Comment

Ok sorry my bad .

billet is perhaps the incorrect description

this is what i was trying to describe ebay number
          eBay item number:

i dont know the diameter or depth of the clutch to see if it would fit the straight cut backplate and fit in the cranckases..

Comment

Working...
          X