Need to replace the clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to replace the clutch

Hi i need to replace my old clutch on my 1982 GSX 1100EZ. Am looking at an aftermarket one. I simply want a "normal" replacement clutch not a heavy duty one as iv'e been told i don't need it for the type of on road riding i do and it would be to hard/tiring to pull in the lever. Am looking at the EBC SRK 50 which states for road use and track, alarm bells are ringing as it states it has heavy duty springs. Question, is this a "normal " clutch kit or a heavy duty one? Or can someone recommend another aftermarket kit which would suit my needs.

Thanks Richard

My clutch was starting to slip at the end of last year. It would slip I. The 4-6grand range, when I was getting on it. A few members recommended that I just change out the springs with new oem ones, as the springs lose their tension over 30+ years. That did the trick! It's holding fine this year!
    So, like clutch cables, I'd recommend oem for clutch plates & springs. That's for normal street duty anyway. .
    I even thing there's something on Bass Cliff's website about it too, that says the same.

Comment

Working...
    X