79 gs550 clutch push rod replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 gs550 clutch push rod replacement

Hi everyone! As the thread title says I have a 1979 gs550 with a bent one-piece clutch push rod. It is bent (and a bit pitted) at the skinny sprocket side end so I would like to replace it. I am guessing that the chain must have come off at some stage (I have only recently bought the bike and am fixing it up) as the shifter shaft was bent as well and there was a bit of chewing on the side of the crankcase.

Anyways, I can't seem to find anything compatible on ebay and it is not available oem any more, but I have seen the two-piece push rod for an 83 gs550 is able to be bought oem. Does anyone know if this is compatible with my bike? I have done a search on here but couldn't find anything recent that was definitive.

I have lurked here for a while and have learnt a lot from this site, and I know how much you guys like pictures. So I have a day off work tomorrow so will try to upload some then! Especially ones from when I took the sprocket cover and discovered what was underneath, it wasn't pretty! I think the bike must have been ridden around the back paddocks here in Australia for the last few years of its life.

Cheers for your time guys and gals and thanks for any input it will be much appreciated.
    Yoss
Working...
X