GS1000Gx gasket kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000Gx gasket kit

I am out to get this kit, for which there is not a description of the parts;
    Can you help identifying the single parts, and possibli recommend something that is not included in the kit,as far as you can tell, but I might need.
    Do not know, for instance, if the eight little round pieces in the center are the valve seals.

here the link:

Thanks
    GS1000G '81

It looks like a complete kit, although the seller does state that it's 'non-OEM', so not sure about the quality.

Going clockwise from top right, you have valve cover, exhaust gaskets, head gasket, tensioner, cylinder base, valve stem seals. Then the sump, and the two types of O-ring that fit along with the base gasket. Cam chain tunnel, clutch and breather cover. The four copper washers that go under the outer cylinder head nuts, stator cover and ignition cover.
    1980 GS550ET

Comment

If you don't like oil leaks & having to do it TWICE, do yourself a favor & buy stock SUZUKI gaskets!!! Spend the money up front to do it RIGHT, once. Save some money now & spend even MORE doing it twice!
      Ray.

Comment

And know the oring between the two case halves does not come inn the kits. its an order seperate item if youre splitting the cases.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

steveb922 that was brill, thanks!

rapidray it says non OEM japanese alternative, so, even though I agree with you in line of principle, if we cannot thrust the japs anymore, what is going to be left for us to believe in?

I feel a concern such as cmsnl is not going to tight themselves with a second class parts supplier, at least, I hope, so I think I'll take the gamble and will give feedback on the quality of parts.

chuck do you think I should split the cases? I have got no experience on this.

Thanks
          Last edited by Lorenzo; 12-12-2015, 11:51 PM.
          GS1000G '81

Comment

Working...
          X