Suzuki gs 750 -77, one cylinder not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki gs 750 -77, one cylinder not working

Im from Norway, hopefully i´ll write in a way that you understand.

My GS´s left cylinder does not fire. It has spark, compression, and there is fuel in the carb float bowl.
    One the other hand, the two cylinders on the right(especially the exhaust) gets insanely hot just after a few seconds. I have recently changes oil and filter and spark plugs.

Yesterday, finally, all 4 cylinders fired. Today, only three.
    I guess its important to mention that it chokes even if I give it a bit of gas, or eventually take of the choke. It did this yesterday as well..

So... For me it seems like a mixture problem. But why would it suddenly fire on all fours yesterday?
    A random guy I talked with told me to check if the oil smelled of fuel. I guess its hard to tell inn a small garage, pakked with cans of fuel and oil, but I think it smelled fuel from the oil.

I´m planning on cleaning the carbs and air filter, and everything in between, in march when i can get help from a friend.

Check the petcock to see if it's leaking fuel, it should only flow in the prime position, or if you suck on vacuum line in the run position. Should not be gas in the vac. line.
    Plugged up pilot passages in the carbs or bowls can cause a cold cylinder on start. Sounds like you will be going through the carbs soon, so that might fix it. Make sure you bench sync the carbs and then vacuum sync once they're on the bike. Bad snyc can cause cold cylinders too.
    Try adjusting the air screws using the 'highest idle method', that might help if a few of your cylinders aren't dialed in great.
    Last edited by CrazyCloud; 01-18-2016, 07:13 PM.
    Regards,
    Jason

Comment

If there is too much fuel in the cylinder, it will not fire. I had some issues with fuel leaking into the cylinder. The bike would run, but the exhaust pipe on that cylinder would stay cold. I had to let the bike sit for a few days to let the fuel drain out or evaporate. Then it would start.

If you have fuel in the oil, you should change the oil as soon as you fix the overflow problem and before you start and run the bike.
      Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
      2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
      1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Working...
      X